Who Can Beat Facebook?

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by naveen, May 26, 2012.

A forum by Ionicware
  1. naveen Member

Message Count:
    HI guys
    Is there any website that can beat facebook?
    Don’t compare Google with Facebook as both are different.
    Any other website?

2. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    Probably nobody at the moment I guess. They are too big to let anyone take them down. But I can see people starting to hate Facebook, but never leave. I can see new social networking sites will beat them in the future though.

3. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    I think Facebook is pretty much untouchable right now. There might be a few social networking sites in a couple years that can compete with them, but right now there is no competition for Facebook.

4. Jessi Member

Message Count:
    I really don't think anybody currently and maybe not for a long while. And yes, Google Plus was going to attempt to rival Facebook and Twitter, but I don't think they'll be able to succeed. The hype has died down and yes, lots of people are using it, but not to the extent of "beating" them.

5. Purple New Member

Message Count:
    Myspace stock has dropped much from Facebook's boom in the world, and I actually used to love Myspace.

6. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    I think nobody can beat Facebook as of now. Even the mighty Google has tried to challenge FB with Google+ but the results have been dismal to say the least. I think Facebook is going to remain at top unless something drastically changes in the way we communicate over web.

7. makeithappen Member

Message Count:
    As long as people are still on it, no one can. But nothing lasts forever. In a few years, if a company invests a LOT in a new, catchy project, it will most likely defeat Facebook.

8. XLawlessBaronX Moderator

Message Count:
    Well as far as Social Networks go Twitter is my most favorite since you can talk to game developers and maybe even stars that you idle and follow

9. vash Member

Message Count:
    I think Facebook had already reached its peak, and it's on the way down if not stalled.

As much as I don't like Google, I think Google+ has the best chance to be the next biggest social network. Google has its user base from Gmail, and it is the most used search engine and advertising network.

However, there is a possibility that social network as whole is going down hill because it is no longer new and fresh.
    Out of so called 800 million Facebook users, at least 2/3 are not real people, either bots, or second or even third account of someone, and millions people have made accounts for their cats and dogs, as well as their friends who don't even use it.