AdminPeak Going Fixed?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Help' started by karoshio, Apr 3, 2012.

A forum by Ionicware
  1. Madow Member

Message Count:
    Definitely this. A major SC2 forum I go to uses a fixed width and it looks really tight, but it's good since your eyes are only confined to that space.

2. Ashley Member

Message Count:

I was going to ask which was which but the member after you kind of gave me the answer already, ha ha. I'm not picky either way so it don't matter to me one bit.

3. MyDigitalpoint Member

Message Count:
    I don't like fixed width in any layout because I'm aware that many people use different screen resolution and even those with large-sized monitors may not open a page in a maximized window, making the fixed layout either break or make necessary scroll horizontally.

On the other hand, many fixed layouts use 1024 as the minimum width standard and, in example, I'm right now on a 1024 pixel monitor that makes the horizontal scrollbar appear if the layout is of the same size despite I browse the web maximizing my browser's window.

However 960 looks to be the best option for all screen resolutions. As for me here, well, I'm temporarily using this old monitor but back to my laptop's default resolution in a few days.
    karoshio likes this.

4. Amdac Member

Message Count:
    I've recently had a few members talk me into going fixed with my forums and now that I'm used to it, I'm glad I made the change.

If the background would look anything like the current header, this site would look amazing as fixed width.
    karoshio likes this.

5. Jessi Member

Message Count:
    Do eeett!

I recommend going with the 960 as well, simply because it's going to look better for more people, even if it isn't necessarily optimal for your screen or what you prefer. You've gotta try to keep the biggest audiences in mind and not just one or two.

6. karoshio Administrator

Message Count:
    On my test installation I took a shot and going fixed but to be honest it just looked beyond awesome. Maybe an entire overhaul with a brand new fixed layout is in order?

7. jglover4168 Member

Message Count:
    I would say leave it the way it is now.. I love it exactly how it is.

8. nightmare Member

Message Count:
    You can't post new threads in the graphics section. Everytime you attempt it comes up with a 404 error.

When your typing and it goes beyond the fixed window a scroll bar appears and once that happens it comes up with a 404 error.

Go try it just type a long winded thing the scroll bar will appear instead of dropping down like it does here and then once you click submit it will come up with the error.

9. void Member

Message Count:
    What browser are you in? I have never gotten the second issue you stated here on AP. Using chrome.

10. nightmare Member

Message Count:
    I am using Google Chrome. It only happens in the Graphics Request section from what I have seen.